Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Cold Wave

I thought only a few people remembered the music of  Frazier Chorus. Until I saw how many people liked their hits "Dream Kitchen" and "Typical" on facebook postings . Specially in the 80's and new wave groups. The debut album "Sue" features many more dreamy synthpop goodness. Listening to the album is like being hit by a cold wave.

Item #1 : Frazier Chorus - Sue
I'm glad I did not discard my cassette tapes when I bought the CD versions in the mid 90's. Although the tape format is the worst when it comes to sound quality and preservation, the memories attached to them while growing up is worth more than the value of a CD. If my memory is correct, I bought this tape in National Bookstore Harrizon Plaza branch. I've played this on my tape deck recently and it still sounds good. Thanks to the BASF tape used on this one. 


One is not enough :). Actually the second CD was a gift. The friend who gave it did not know I already have one in my collection. Both CD's are Made in Germany.

Item #2 : Frazier Chorus - Cloud 8 Mixes (CD Single)

This CD single features a better version of  "Cloud 8" than the one on the second album "Ray". It has the sharp dance grooves which fits the dance clubs of the early 90's.

However, the real gems here are the 12" versions of "Dream Kitchen" and "Typical". More so the different intro of "Typical".


Frazier Chorus was originally from 4AD Records. I used to have a 4AD compilation CD which is titled "12 Inch ’87 Anthology" . It features the original versions of "Sloppy Heart",  "Typical" and "Storm".  Here is the link to that CD: http://www.discogs.com/Various-12-Inch-87-Anthology/master/414759



Below are the 4AD versions:



No embed data for "Storm" - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fg5jm6Zj6II
Just click the link

No comments:

Post a Comment